Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Guinness 7/23/01 to 11/30/09

We miss our buddy. Guinness was Rhett's perfect animal companion. Though he drove some of us crazy with his barking, he was more loving and easy going with our children than we could have asked for. Rhett will miss his strength in skijoring this summer. I will miss his dopey expressions. I am just sharing a few pictures to remind me of the dog he was, not the dog I saw the last days of his life. Thank you for your thoughts.
Meeting the babies for the first time. A gentle giant.
We entered Guinness in a weight pulling contest in Anchorage in 2006. He pulled the first amount of weight without much problem. However, our wussy dog got cold feet, literally, and refused to put weight on his paws to pull in the second round. Rhett was too embarrassed to put booties on him, so Guinness was done. It was pretty comical and memorable.

I truly hope we have an opportunity to meet him again in the after life. He was a tremendous part of our lives and we miss him.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss! I know you dearly loved that lug! ;)

    ReplyDelete